Thread: Mouse pointer slows down

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Mouse pointer slows down

Upgraded yesterday. Sometimes when I open my laptop (HP G60) the mouse pointer starts to slow down and then everything just hangs requiring a hard reboot. I always have firefox open so could be firefox but didn't happen in 12.10. will try and narrow things down but would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have the same problem.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Mouse pointer slows down

I have moved your post to thread of its own. Please post new issues in new threads rather than hijacking existing ones. It is unfair to original poster and reduces your chances of getting help (and gets confusing).

Presume you have 13.04 installed and not 12.10 as you posted on a thread and in a sub-forum specifically about 13.04? Please inform as if it is not 13.04 I will move this thread to General Help. Good luck finding a fix.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Er - that was why I posted it in a thread about experiences of 13.04.....

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

it seems that the mouse settings are not fully working: when i go to tweak the "mouse pointer speed" for example (which is by default set to 50 %) to set it either min or max, then closing the System Settings box and reopenning it, my previous choice is reset to 50 % again. Look likes dconf-tools cant do better about that. Really seems borked (but i'm using gnome3 ppas)

Beans

Same thing happening here, right after upgrading xubuntu last week. Mouse -and keyboard- gradually becoming unresponsive to the point of rendering the system unusable. Transmission keeps on working, if I'm watching a movie on VLC the movie plays on, if a terminal window is on focus I can type into it for as long as I want to... but I can't move the cursor pointer, I can't use the keyboard to send shortcuts to a GUI application.

I also tend to think it has something to do with firefox, and perhaps even when displaying images/javascript, flash perhaps...

Beans

I am now positive it's Firefox's flash plugin. Disabling it has my sessions back to normal. The downside is I can't use sites using flash (e.g. anytime I want to view youtube clips)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by DeStrangis View Post
    I am now positive it's Firefox's flash plugin. Disabling it has my sessions back to normal. The downside is I can't use sites using flash (e.g. anytime I want to view youtube clips)
    We've had a thread about YT and Flash and we've concluded that You can watch almost all YT clips in HTML5...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    We've had a thread about YT and Flash and we've concluded that You can watch almost all YT clips in HTML5...
    Mind elaborating on why/how you reached your conclusion or providing a link to fix? Providing a conclusion doesn't help OP much, providing a link to the thread you're referring to or a fix on the other hand ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Mind elaborating on why/how you reached your conclusion or providing a link to fix? Providing a conclusion doesn't help OP much, providing a link to the thread you're referring to or a fix on the other hand ...
    I was sure that OP could search Forum but... I can do that for him/her...
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2122482
    http://www.youtube.com/html5
    Conclusion is not mine, that is what I've said...
    There is no fix, it happenes automagically...
    Do not kill a messenger...
    Last edited by zika; June 4th, 2013 at 07:50 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Mateusz Stachowski View Post
    Try that tricks with music videos from VEVO. Everytime I use the embed trick it displays info about content restricted to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/charts/videos_views/music
    What does this have to do with a mouse pointer moving slow?