Thread: Broken/Damaged Installation

Beans

Unhappy Broken/Damaged Installation

(I am dual booting Windows 8 and Kubuntu.) I've been having a lot of fun with Kubuntu. I've done a lot with it, including installing GNOME desktop, just to try it out. One day I was in Steam and I wanted to install TF2, and Steam told me I didn't have enough disk space. So silly old me booted with a live USB into GParted and expanded the ext4 partition. Well, now I can't boot into Kubuntu. Grub was giving me an error that I unfortunately can't remember anymore. I used boot-repair to fix it, but now I can only boot into Windows. Can I fix this, or should I just delete the Kubuntu partition and start over?
    Last edited by timtobi1; April 8th, 2013 at 02:45 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Broken/Damaged Installation

Are you getting a menu list when you boot or is it going straight to Windows? To get the menu list try hitting shift after the BIOS screen at boot. That should bring it up and you can then get to Ubuntu. Once there, you can either alter the file to make the menu screen appear at boot or use Grub Customizer to do it.

http://www.noobslab.com/2012/11/inst...in-ubuntu.html

Beans

I just tried tapping left shift (once), holding it, and repeatedly pushing it. No dice.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Beans

Unfortunately not.