Thread: Firefox

Beans

Firefox

Hey guys trying to setup my banking in firefox and it says something about enable cookies javascript not sure where to do that never had a problem with firefox

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox

Either your banking website sniffs HTTP headers to find out what browser you are using, or you have an addon installed that blocks cookies or javascript, such as NoScript.

Check your extensions and start firefox is safe mode to see if the problem persists.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Some banks set a cookie that says "oh, this machine has been here before". If the site doesn't find that cookie, I must go through an authentication procedure. In addition to add-ons as CharlesA mentioned, you might look in Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Accept cookies from sites. Try adding your bank to the list that is allowed to set persistent cookies.

Beans

Thanks guys I forgot to post also that I was running 13.04 so maybe with only beta 2 not yet finished but thanks guys you rock keep up the great work. I never had a problem with firefox so I was thinking it maybe the beta 2 stage.