Thread: Gedit synctex plugin

Beans

Gedit synctex plugin

I recently notices that, although gedit-plugins 3.6.1-0ubuntu1 is installed on my system (raring i386), the SyncTex plugin is missing from the plugins list in Preferences->Plugins (gedit 3.6.2-0ubuntu1).
    Could you guys be kind enough to check that you have the same problem on your system, and maybe confirm the bug I opened in Launchpad https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/1165742

Beans

Re: Gedit synctex plugin

Mentioned something in your bug, can build & enable here but not really in a position to test how it works.
    If you wish to test let me know, should only take a few min. or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Thanks Doug, I'll try to build as well.

Beans

Ok, I managed to build locally (after installing a few packages such as libdbus-1-dev and gedit-dev) and synctex is runnink OK.
    I noticed that the Terminal plugin is now unavailable with my local build (as with yours, telling from your screenshot). I don't use it so that's OK.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AntoineT View Post
    Ok, I managed to build locally (after installing a few packages such as libdbus-1-dev and gedit-dev) and synctex is runnink OK.
    I noticed that the Terminal plugin is now unavailable with my local build (as with yours, telling from your screenshot). I don't use it so that's OK.
    No, it's there, called embedded terminal so higher in the list
    Anyone that wanted to use would need may need to disable "use theme colors" in gsetttings or the terminal could be white on white
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Right. I had to rebuild after installing libvte-2.90-dev and now all plugins appear in the list.
    Thanks a bunch