Thread: White shadow of everything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

White shadow of everything.

Hi there
    I see a white shadow of any icon or window on its right side when the background is darker. The shadow moves when I drag the window and is quite bright. I guess it is because of my graphics card driver. I see the shadow flickering when I increase contrast of my monitor.
    A picture of shadow from icons on my desktop.
    Screenshot could not record the shadow's probably because it just records the pixels and not what is rendered, therefore had to take a picture from mobile camera.
    Also it is not because of my "graphics card" or monitor as it is not observed in Windows 8 which is installed on same computer.

(The picture is of the screenshot of my desktop opened in Google Chrome)
    Note that the screenshot did not record any shadows (evident when opened in another computer) but it showed shadows then opened in Ubuntu.

Graphics driver details
    Nvidia accelerated graphics card drivers (post-release-upates) version-current-updates

Graphics card:
    NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2)

Ubuntu version:
    Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS.

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by bhaveshnande; April 7th, 2013 at 03:42 PM.
    IF you are looking for stability, stick with LTS. The interim releases (between LTS releases) aren't meant to be stable, they are used to try out new features that will be included in the next LTS release.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: White shadow of everything.

Did you check you cable from computer to LCD ?
    Przemysław Suszek - Analityk IT, Tani nocleg zakopane
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ | 2 GB DDR 400Mhz | NVidia GeForce 6800 GT | Barracuda 80GB 7200 rpm 8MB cache | LCD LG W2252S ~ 1680x1050

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by mr.suchy View Post
    Did you check you cable from computer to LCD ?
    YAY, Thanks a lot . I just tightened the wire's screws and that fixed the problem. I still see very light shadow from large widows but that's acceptable. Anyways if it was the cable connection then why didn't shadows show up in windows 8? Any clue?
    IF you are looking for stability, stick with LTS. The interim releases (between LTS releases) aren't meant to be stable, they are used to try out new features that will be included in the next LTS release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

When I open a terminal in 12.04, my mouse highlights any text passed over. Did a pretty extensive search for this problem's solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

When I open a terminal in 12.04, my mouse highlights any text passed over. Did a pretty extensive search for this problem's solution.