Thread: Mistake raid 0 two different makes and sizes resulting in space loss

Beans

Mistake raid 0 two different makes and sizes resulting in space loss

made a big mistake got my webserver running beautifully obviously minus the static ip witch no one has answers for? anyway what I need to know is how to make a complete back up of my Linux server hard drive so I can repartition it as drive A operating system and drive B storage then restore Linux Ubuntu webserver and update hard drive from back up possible ??? bearing in mind my windows 7 desktop in the equation with enough storage to store Linux webserver drive mirror.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Mistake raid 0 two different makes and sizes resulting in space loss

Your IP address question has been discussed in your other thread, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2132898. If you want a static address on your local network, which could be an advantage when using port forwarding or arranging backups between machines, that thread is probably the best place to clarify your needs and to ask for help with IP address issues.

When making a backup, you could always plug in an external hard drive, and make copies of the files you want to backup there. As always, there are other options as well.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.

Beans

Re: Mistake raid 0 two different makes and sizes resulting in space loss

Thank You Brother unfortunately I am a novice at Linux cant remember the script but will Google it finding driver for use drive hen the script for transferring it as the server just has the programs AND Drivers to make the server work I don't wish to have programs on their that I am not going to use so uninstalling as well I am moving in next few days and have to get my address changed over for my ISP to reconnect I will enquire about obtaining a static ip address of them whilst I am their, then its just point my domain name at the ip address still going to have problems as I own .co.uk and com of raveskool what were do I go to point what? thanks for all your help guys sorry for being so tetchy and know it all so and so as I don't know very much about networking on server side so learning