Matt:

That seems to describe the issue . . . a bit pressed for time right now, but I'll try to read thru the bug report tomorrow. I'm hoping that the problem was "erased" by switching the OS. I don't know if I'm using syndaemon or not; and I'm not quite sure if the suggested test on the link is something easy to do, or not--I would have to spend some more time with it. So, thanks for finding that, some of the posters on LM forum were suggesting this is a touchpad issue, or touchpad interefering with mouse . . . and suggesting to turn off the touchpad altogether to test, I did try it but didn't do enough typing to see if it would show up--but still wouldn't consider manually turninig off the TP to be a viable or practical solution. I still saw the problem happening thru the laptop keyboard, not touching the TP. In Debian on my iBook if I inadvertently hit the TP while typing it would "freeze the screen" . . . I guess, "crash X" ???? whatever that is . . . and I would have to restart the computer to regain control. This is another problem, X isn't crashing, etc . . . but as the one poster mentions, very irritating to lose whole sentences, etc.

Thanks again,

e.e.p.