Thread: Thunderbird is using too much CPU

Beans

Thunderbird is using too much CPU

Hello, everyone

I've used thunderbird since years to manage my email, but since couple of day, it seems different : indeed, without reason, thunderbird start using one of my two core for about 5 minute. And when I use my other core for something, it end in a freeze and I've to restart. That's really anoying, you can't imagine. But for different reasons, I don't like Evolution too much, and I want to continue using thunderbird instead. Do someone have a solution for me ?

Here is extra informations :
    - I'm using what I think is the last version in the repository : 17.0.4
    - I've two adress : one GMail, and one for my university. The second one cannot be the cause, because I've try reinstalling thunderbird after deleting everything, and on a first time, I don't set my school adress in thunderbird, and it still do this.

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

PS : sorry if I'm in the wrong category, I don't know wich one to choose.

Beans

Re: [thunderbird] Thunderbird is using way too much CPU !

first thing to do is to open thunderbird in a terminal and see if it spits out a bunch of errors

Beans

Re: Thunderbird is using too much CPU

Sorry, but I've already try and ... Nothing. As quiet as a tomb

I've even try ther error console, and nothing. Just some complain at start about something not well implemented ("nsIObserver")

Beans

next step would be to start it with the --safe-mode switch and see if it runs without issue. if so, then it is likely an addon or a theme that's messed up

Beans

if you get desperate.. you could setup the sylpheed email application and use that at least for now.