Thread: Thunderbird does not remember location of new email message in 12.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thunderbird does not remember location of new email message in 12.10

Hello. I recently upgraded to 12.10. Previously in Thunderbird, when I started a new email message, the message would be in the same location as the previous message I had sent. Now, everytime I reply to a message or compose a new one, the message automatically opens in the top left of the main program, and I have to drag it over to where I want it. I use Compiz: Place Windows, but that only works for the master Thunderbird program, not (as far as I know), for individual messages themselves. How can I set Thunderbird to remember and repeat the window location of emails?
    Thank you very much!

Beans

Re: Thunderbird does not remember location of new email message in 12.10

Look at Edit, "Account Settings" for the account, and then "Copies & Folders".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you, but there is no option there on the program memorizing the last location of an email message. In my Copies & Folders options you can only change for example, where to copy Sent messages, where to Archive Messages, where to keep Drafts and Templates.

Beans

>>where to copy Sent messages

Mine is set as follows - Other: "Inbox on Local Folders" as the place to put a copy of a sent message. The message also goes to the "Sent" folder.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by billcauley View Post
    >>where to copy Sent messages

Mine is set as follows - Other: "Inbox on Local Folders" as the place to put a copy of a sent message. The message also goes to the "Sent" folder.
    Thank you, but I must not be explaining it very well. I know how to place Sent messages in folders where I want them. What I mean is how for when you Create a New Message, to physically place that new message window at a certain spot on the computer screen...

Beans

Mine goes to the upper left, but retains the last size used. I don't know of a control for spotting the window.