Thread: Got redirected to myfilestore.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Got redirected to myfilestore.com

I got redirected to myfilestore.com when trying to visit a forum (not this one). I know it's an exploit against vbulletin, but I am worried about what it may have done to my system. What I wan't to know is, is there anyway I can check my system to make sure that site did not install anything. I think I am probably safe but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Got redirected to myfilestore.com

The only place anything could be installed without any interaction from you, is your home directory, so check for anything you don't recognize, and clear your browser caches

Beans

I don't want to spam at all, but together with a few admins of other forums we have also been a victim of this. The thing you mention does not appear to come from your OS but instead of a hacked Vbulletin Forum. We hope to spread the word so other Vbulletin forum owners can also fight this miserable hack. Here you can find a complete list of what's going on, what you can do to protect yourself and how to remove it:

http://club.myce.com/f20/vbulletin-m...e-them-332219/

Please spread the word so that we can protect as many Vbulletin owners as possible.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Thanks.