Thread: Problem with edit after link

Beans
    Hidden!

Problem with edit after link

Last edited by ibjsb4; April 13th, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Problem with edit after link

The url BBCode tag prior to your edit hasn't been closed with a [/URL] tag. Here's your raw text together with the line preceding the edit:

[URL="http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=140920"]http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=140920

Edit: There should be a warning with deborphan. It can remove necessary packages, use with caution.

Why can I not remove the link option when editing this post :confused:
    The edit history shows that you added the link a second time and overwrote the [/URL] tag when you edited the post. See if you can edit it now and close the url tag.

EDIT: all you should need to make a hyperlink of the URL in the first line is:

Code:
    [URL]http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=140920[/URL]
    Last edited by coffeecat; April 13th, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!

Solved for now, see what happens next time I edit. Thanks coffeecat

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    Is this a bug or just me?
    In my experience, on VB forums et al, sometimes it's me (pilot error) and sometimes it's VB (possibly a bug).

I post a lot of code (here and elsewhere) and these posts tend to be long, and complex.

I always have to check the post AFTER it's submitted, to make sure VB didn't change the content when it was saved.

When I find errors in a submitted post, I try to use retrograde extrapolation (reverse-engineering, if you will) to figure out what happened.

Of course, I don't have the same tools available to me, as a mod/admin, but...

My gut feeling tells me that the problem is either some anomalies in the VB text editor(s), and/or BBCODE tag formatting, and/or a corruption of the data when its written to the sql db.

Luckily, this sort of thing is fairly rare, but it does crop up from time_to_time in VB forums.
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU