Thread: Google Chrome cause xubuntu freeze

Beans

Google Chrome cause xubuntu freeze

I'm using xubuntu 12.04, but google chrome always causes system freezes while I'm scrolling down a webpage or a drop down box pops out.

It is quite strange that tty1 could not be switched but only my mouse can move.

The kernel version is 3.2.0-39. So I want to know how to find out what's wrong with my chrome browser and fix the bug? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Google Chrome cause xubuntu freeze

I have no trouble here
    Bugs should be reported at google though
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Beans

Re: Google Chrome cause xubuntu freeze

I have the same issue with Ubuntu 13.04. I was running both Firefox and Chrome and the computer will just totally hang. Sometimes the mouse can still move but after a while even that stops. Can't ctrl-alt F1 to a console and can't ssh in when this happens.
    At first I thought it was Firefox as it goes gray just before the freeze happens and I can still access other apps that are open for about a minute. So I tried just running Chrome and same issue. Just running Firefox seems fine.
    The reason I was running both Firefox and Chrome was that I was trying to decide which to use as my default browser. Seems that choice is now clear!