Thread: AbiWord cursor is in the wrong place

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

AbiWord cursor is in the wrong place

Hi. I use AbiWord on my Xubuntu and I noticed that sometimes I would move my cursor (the blinking vertical line) by clicking on the text document where I want to cursor to be or by using the arrow keys. But when I start typing on the keyboard, the new characters appear a few lines to the left or the right. Is this something that others have an issue with or is this problem unique to me?

Thank you!
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self."

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: AbiWord cursor is in the wrong place

This has not been reported that I have seen, except for laptops with touch pads/panels where even a close approach from thumbs or fingers to the pad may move the cursor during typing.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by cwsnyder View Post
    This has not been reported that I have seen, except for laptops with touch pads/panels where even a close approach from thumbs or fingers to the pad may move the cursor during typing.
    ... in which case you can disable the touchpad while typing via settings manager->mouse and touchpad and check "disable touchpad while typing".

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This is not a problem with palm detection. I tried right now with the trackpad disabled and the problem still persists.
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self."