Thread: Login issue Ubuntu 12.10 on BeagleBoard Xm

Beans

Login issue Ubuntu 12.10 on BeagleBoard Xm

Hello. Im new to the entire linux thing, so if I have overlooked something REALLY obvious i urge you not to flame me. I had recently made an ubuntu 12.10 image for my beagleBoard Xm rev C. It booted correctly. The regular terminal seemed to be fine. I was even able to install the GUI. The problem came when I attempted logging in through the GUI. I typed in the standard username and password ubuntu : temppwd. I clicked the login button and it greyed out, as if the login had worked, but then it just stayed at that screen, with the login button greyed out.

I used instructions from this blog. I skipped the SPI step as it didn't seem to recognize the command and the page said it was optional. Otherwise, I followed the instructions word for word.

I hope that this is just me being a newbie, but thanks in advance to whoever will help me.

Beans

Re: Login issue Ubuntu 12.10 on BeagleBoard Xm

Hello,

I too have the same problem. Did you find any solution?

With regards,
    Avinash

Hello. Im new to the entire linux thing, so if I have overlooked something REALLY obvious i urge you not to flame me.
    If someone does flame you, please click the Report Post button (bottom left) and the Ubuntu staff will deal with the offender.

From the Ubuntu Code of Conduct 1.3:

Trolling, Attacks and Flaming: These are always forbidden.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

Hello,

I was able to solve it. If you run startx from your serial port you might get something like this :
    "failed to load session "gnome" " . Hence you need to install gnome again. You can go through this thread : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1750430

Then when you try logging in with your user name you might get a message saying not able access ICEauthority. Hence give permissions for the same. You can try instructions in the following thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1841457

With regards,
    Avinash