Thread: 12.04 and Gimp's "Save As" Crash. Any fix for this? Different version maybe?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

12.04 and Gimp's "Save As" Crash. Any fix for this? Different version maybe?

Any time I do a "Save As" in Gimp with Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, I get a crash. The file saves fine but sometimes I have more I'd like to do in Gimp and can't do it because obviously the program has crashed.

Is there anything I can do about this? I use Gimp all the time and this is becoming a bother.

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: 12.04 and Gimp's "Save As" Crash. Any fix for this? Different version maybe?

Seems to be a bug going around.

http://www.mail-archive.com/desktop-...msg635323.html

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...p/+bug/1087920

I am also running 12o4 and have not (yet) had this problem with gimp 2.8

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: 12.04 and Gimp's "Save As" Crash. Any fix for this? Different version maybe?

+1 for upgrading to 2.6, however it is not yet in the repro's. Not sure why, as it has been stable now for several months.
    Switched away from windows XP to Ubuntu 9.04. Never turned around to look back.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Using Gimp 2.6.12 in ubuntu 12.04, and this bug doesn't occur. I can save as the picture without problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hay,

This issue occurs for me personally most when saving to jpg formats, with the image size (size in memory) exceeds about 200-300 MB.

As for the issue with Gimp 2.8 not being in the repro's yet. You can add the gimp PPA and install the 2.8.4 stable release. This should fix the issue.

Cheers
    Switched away from windows XP to Ubuntu 9.04. Never turned around to look back.