Thread: charging payment per watch via phone company

Beans

charging payment per watch via phone company

hello everyone,
    i would like to build an iphone (or galaxy and such) application that will enable clients to watch videos.
    now, let's say i'm building a website that can be ran on iphone. how do i charge each watch via the phone company?
    thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: charging payment per watch via phone company

Quote Originally Posted by rotem30010 View Post
    hello everyone,
    i would like to build an iphone (or galaxy and such) application that will enable clients to watch videos.
    now, let's say i'm building a website that can be ran on iphone. how do i charge each watch via the phone company?
    thanks
    Assuming this is a streaming service and you don't place any pay-per-view payment systems in place then the only charge anyone will incur is the user if they go over their tariff's data usage limit.
    You can't charge the carrier for the user visiting a website

Bodsda
    computer-howto
    Linux is not windows
    Fluxbox & Flux menu how to
    Programming is an art. Learn it, Live it, Love it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: charging payment per watch via phone company

Quote Originally Posted by rotem30010 View Post
    hello everyone,
    thanks
    You are missing a plural. The real questions "is how do i charge each watch via the phone companies?" Not technically infeasible, but that would certainly require a lot of contractual work, to be repeated for each provider. You could instead unlock the video that the user sends you a premium-rate SMS.

But...given the price of data plans, people may wait until they can use a wifi link to watch videos on their phones... and then the phone company is out of the picture.