Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gubuntu Petition to Canonical on behalf of Business Owners and Superusers everywhere

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Gubuntu Petition to Canonical on behalf of Business Owners and Superusers everywh

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Completely agree with that - the trouble is the 'real' requests for information etc get drowned out by the rest.

This isn't even a petition as far as I can tell - just a post on a forum that it's very unlikely anyone from Canonical will ever see.
    Dear Mr Ford
    On behalf of motorists who do not understand fuel pumps,electric starters,gear boxes with more that 2 ratios and any automotive technology since those items were invented,please can we have a 2013 Model T.
    I'm sure the majority of drivers will prefer this vehicle to what is available in showrooms at the moment.
    14.04 amd64

Beans

Re: Gubuntu Petition to Canonical on behalf of Business Owners and Superusers everywh

The thing is it's too easy to change Ubuntu in any way it fits the purpose... Installing/removing some packages can completely change/customize default Ubuntu.

P.S. Until this changes i think there is no need for such petition.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

This comes aross as a repackaged, I wan't Ubuntu with Gnome 2 plea heavy laiden with demands.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Are we really still having this discussion?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by nothingspecial View Post
    Are we really still having this discussion?
    Nope, we're just circling in place, waiting for the op to come back.

Beans

THERE WILL BE AN OFFICIAL UBUNTU GNOME VERSION IN 13.04!

Why is this discussion still going on?

The OP started a thread wrt a petition for a Gnome version. Meanwhile long before his post an announcement was already made that 13.04 will have a Gnome version.
    On 11 March,
    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ch/000035.html
    http://www.webupd8.org/2013/03/ubunt...al-ubuntu.html

13.04 comes with Gnome 3.6 but 3.8 will be available via the gnome3-team PPA wich also has a classic mode.
    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ch/000035.html
    Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 will be released with GNOME 3.6, since Ubuntu held back on GNOME this cycle. We are however making GNOME 3.8 available from
    the gnome3-team PPA.
    https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.8/ See classic mode screenshot here!

The majority of posts here are pointless with people stating all kinds of irrelevant information which goes completely against the above announcements.

THERE WILL BE AN OFFICIAL UBUNTU GNOME VERSION IN 13.04!
    Last edited by mips; April 6th, 2013 at 10:05 AM.

Beans

OP didn't say anything anymore i think this thread intention might be just trolling.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Completely agree with that - the trouble is the 'real' requests for information etc get drowned out by the rest.

This isn't even a petition as far as I can tell - just a post on a forum that it's very unlikely anyone from Canonical will ever see.
    True. It's all meaningless anyway, since someone pointed out that there actually is an official Gnome flavor of Ubuntu. If the OP wants Gnome 2, he's just out of luck, and he needs to use the Mate version of Mint.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

It's very easy to use MATE on Ubuntu 12.04. Few minutes of time:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...3#post12588543

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

[NOTE: This is not a thread to discuss the merits or demerits of this petition. Feel free to create a separate thread to discuss that.
    I like how we totally disregarded this.

Who did the OP think we were?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast