Thread: Failure to download extra data files

Beans

Thumbs down Failure to download extra data files

Failure to download extra data files

The following packages requested additional data downloads after package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be processed.

flashplugin-installer

The download will be attempted again later, or you can try the download again now. Running this command requires an active Internet connection.

This message has been persistent since Flash became disabled on Firefox and Chromium Browsers. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and have just rebuilt the system. The problem was occurring in the previous build as well. CPU is Intel i5 second generation.

I have received assistance in the multimedia forum to install Chrome Browser where Flash is working well.

Beans

Re: Failure to download extra data files

Update Manager has installed a new Firefox today but the Flash Plugin still won't work. This problem must be in the too hard basket because no one has shown any interest in helping to fix it. Seems like the only way to get assistance in this forum is to be provocative.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't think you have to be provocative, but you may not get a reply if there is no fix. Adobe dropped flash for Linux a long while ago. If you install Google Chrome (not just Chromium), you can link to the Chrome specific flash browser as a work around, but this will have to be fixed every time there is an update to Firefox or Chromium.

Beans

Thanks cwsnyder but the information you have provided is incorrect. On further research I have found this advice from Adobe. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...sh-player.html
    The version on my PC is 11.6 which will not run on Firefox on a Linux system.