Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sticking with Ubunto over Mint because of forum support

Beans

Re: Sticking with Ubunto over Mint because of forum support

There is no law saying you have to use ubuntu to go on its forums, after all if you are on mint all the better as the two have commonalities as they are based on the same thing.
    Last edited by MadmanRB; April 5th, 2013 at 02:24 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    The demographic of Ubuntu users on these Forums seems to be slowly changing. Perhaps less interested in the more technical aspects of Linux, perhaps with a little less patience for deeper exploration of problems. This is my take on things anyway...
    I have ambiguous feelings about a similar observation. I like to see the technical being explored and tinkered with, (I'm a perennial casual user, but enjoy reading threads where people are getting into the nuts and bolts of things) and miss that. But, I like to see Ubuntu changing from more of a geeky distro, to a casual user base, if what we are seeing on UF is indicative of that, because I hope it means more regular folk are not being afraid to try and use Ubuntu.

I am happy UF continues to provide support for so many of us, and I feel a loyalty to Ubuntu for all the enjoyment it has given me.

;p
    One Psychiatrist's Definition of Insanity:"Knowing what one should do and doing differently"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikodo View Post
    I have ambiguous feelings about a similar observation. I like to see the technical being explored and tinkered with, (I'm a perennial casual user, but enjoy reading threads where people are getting into the nuts and bolts of things) and miss that. But, I like to see Ubuntu changing from more of a geeky distro, to a casual user base, if what we are seeing on UF is indicative of that, because I hope it means more regular folk are not being afraid to try and use Ubuntu.

;p

Except that the casual users are not the ones providing help here. UF would be a much less useful place if the helpers are unproportionally replaced by newbies who need help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12