Thread: Laptop randomly power-off's when on battery.

Beans

Laptop randomly power-off's when on battery.

Hello guys! Finally managed to create my account in here. Im an Ubuntu 12.10 user for some time and if I had a problem I usually found its solution somewhere on this forum.

But now I cannot find. The problem is, that when I unplug my AC power, my laptop is pretty ok. I've got Jupiter and I am monitoring the temp. by using sensors. But sometimes the power just disappears. It's not a regular shutdown or something, just the power-off. My battery is not even critical. Temps are low, battery should last for at least 2 hours... and bam. Power is down. I was doing something like acpi-handle-hack to make my Optimus graphics work. I don't know if that's it. Such thing never happened on Windows.

I am also not that good, to know what information I should provide You. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Laptop randomly power-off's when on battery.

Have you looked at the battery’s connectors to make sure there’s no dirt on them and made sure it clips into the laptop securely.

Beans

Hmm... I did it right now. I can't see nothing bad there. And as I said, there's everything ok on Win

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You could have a look in the power management settings and make sure its not configured to something strange like power off when screen saver kicks in, apart from that I don’t know.

Beans

I have already changed the settings in dconf editor, so that's not it, probably. But thanks for Your help