Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Beans
    2,455
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    There is a new gnome-shell build in Gnome3 Staging PPA (3.8.0.1).
    This is built against libmoz-17.0-0 (and not libmoz185-1.0 anymore).
    You need to upgrade packages gjs and libgjsc0 to versions 1.36.0+js17 at the same time.
    The reason behind this is the new JavaScript engine Spider Monkey.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,836
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry33 View Post
    You need to upgrade packages gjs and libgjsc0 to versions 1.36.0+js17 at the same time.
    That should be libgjs0c, yes?
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NH USA
    Beans
    1,269
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    It seems that 3.8.0.1 has already moved from staging to the main gnome3 ppa.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NH USA
    Beans
    1,269
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    A couple of things re: 3.8.0.1:

    1) There seems to be no way to shut down/restart from the status menu.

    2) Backup (deja-dup) is missing from Settings.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Beans
    2,455
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    It seems that 3.8.0.1 has already moved from staging to the main gnome3 ppa.
    Yes the version is 3.8.0.1, but:
    - in Gnome3 PPA the gnome-shell is built agains older libmoz185-1.0
    - in Gnome3 Staging PPA the gnome-shell is built against newer libmoz-17.0-0

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Beans
    2,455
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    That should be libgjs0c, yes?
    That is correct.
    Thank You VinDSL.

    Which one do you use, gnome-shell from Gnome3 PPA or Gnome3 Staging PPA?
    If both are enabled, the Gnome3 Staging one is higher and choosen.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NH USA
    Beans
    1,269
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry33 View Post
    Yes the version is 3.8.0.1, but:
    - in Gnome3 PPA the gnome-shell is built agains older libmoz185-1.0
    - in Gnome3 Staging PPA the gnome-shell is built against newer libmoz-17.0-0
    Yes, I see that now. In any case, it seems to be working fine other than the two items I mentioned in a previous post.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Beans
    2,455
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    A couple of things re: 3.8.0.1:

    1) There seems to be no way to shut down/restart from the status menu.

    2) Backup (deja-dup) is missing from Settings.
    I don't have deja-dup, but
    the power off and restart options work normally here.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NH USA
    Beans
    1,269
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry33 View Post
    I don't have deja-dup, but
    the power off and restart options work normally here.
    I had a conflict with an obsolete extension - I removed it and it's working normally now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,836
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: New gnome-shell_3.8.0.1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry33 View Post
    Which one do you use, gnome-shell from Gnome3 PPA or Gnome3 Staging PPA?
    Staging...

    Seems to be working fine!
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •