Thread: Loggin Menu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Question Loggin Menu

I have installed a couple of other GUI (Lubuntu for example) on top of my normal Ubuntu OS to test them out but now would like to remove them from the Loggin Menu.

I tried apt-get remove lubuntu and got this message:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package lubuntu
    Any ideas? Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated
    Last edited by mayagrafix; April 3rd, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Ubuntu 15.04/OS type: 64-bit/Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz × 4/Memory: 5.8 GiB/Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAICOS/Disk: 320 GB

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Beans
    Distro

Re: Loggin Menu

Followed ur advise, now machine will not boot. Recovery mode freezes on you are in Low Graphics Mode screen. If I use Live CD to re install Ubuntu OS, will it erase my files?
    Ubuntu 15.04/OS type: 64-bit/Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz × 4/Memory: 5.8 GiB/Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAICOS/Disk: 320 GB

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mayagrafix View Post
    Followed ur advise, now machine will not boot. Recovery mode freezes on you are in Low Graphics Mode screen. If I use Live CD to re install Ubuntu OS, will it erase my files?
    Yes, it will, unless you copy them to an external HDD.
    Before you do that though, can you run

Code:
    sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
    and see if you can reinstall any pacakges you may have accidentally removed?
    It seems strange that this should happen, as the link ibjsb4 gave you is known for being very reliable.

Beans
    Distro

my bad probably. I also ran apt/get auto something when promted by CLI after above link finnished. No big deal, was planning on removing Windows partition and re installing OS anyway. Managed to hook up USB drive to LiveCD and copy my Home folder, so no big deal.

Beans
    Distro

Well it wasn't so bad after all is said and done. There is an option on the Ubuntu Live CD to reinstall or recuperate an already installed or existing Ubuntu OS, which saves your docs and any extra applications you might have previously installed (but no such luck with Thunderbird Mail), and Firefox has its Sync thingy for bookmarks and add ons. Took me about a couple of hours to get going. Ce'st la vie!