Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: last-exit last.fm player

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: last-exit last.fm player

You could just manually extract the deb file. Its just a normal archive with two other archives in it. The files are in the...files archive.

BTW, since there haven't been any updates since last.fm started charging most countries for radio access, this may not even work anymore...

Beans

where can I get last working version of last.fm player?
    prefareble installation package then sources, but also can be.
    Last edited by Invy; December 7th, 2009 at 04:09 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Invy View Post
    where can I get last working version of last.fm player?
    prefareble installation package then sources, but also can be.
    I don't think any of the old players like last-exit or vagalume work anymore. Last.fm changed their API becuase they are moving to a paid model. Better switch over to shoutcast at this point.

Beans

Hi!

I don't think any of the old players like last-exit or vagalume work anymore. Last.fm changed their API becuase they are moving to a paid model. Better switch over to shoutcast at this point.
    This isn't exactly true. Unfortunatelly, only users from USA, GB and Germany still have free access to Last.fm, some of the features aren't usable for non-subcribers (like using playlists), but for the time being the third-party-applications still work...

Nobody knows for how long, though... "Outsiders" could try to use a proxy from the privileged countries.

so long
    clasikowski AKA hank

Beans

If only broadcasting to a portable radio roughly 100 meters or less away, hooking the speaker output of the computer to a part 15 FM broadcaster (these are low power legal FM broadcasters that put out only enough power to get roughly 100 meters in most residential areas or so) and broadcast away. Any furthur than that would require a license in most locations in the world.

Beans

Hi!

For some time now I can't connect to Last.fm with last-exit anymore - the player starts up, but it is not able to play anything. In the terminal everything looks normal at startup, but after showing a message like

Code:
    station: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com//radio/adjust.php?session=9fe643146867a038c679c0e58280de3f&url=lastfm://artist/Rebekka Bakken/similarartists&lang=en&debug=1
    Playlist: New playlist requested
    nothing happens.

When trying to change to another station, it shows

Code:
    Playlist: New playlist requested
    Playlist: Already getting playlist
    When closing the app, this message appears:

Code:
    (/usr/lib/last-exit/last-exit.exe:21521): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 
    Trying to dispose element player, but it is in READY instead of the NULL state.
    You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
    dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.
    This problem may also be caused by a refcounting bug in the
    application or some element.
    This happens using the standard software as well as the patched player, regardless of the type of account I use (I have a suscribtion, and another account, too); and regardless which ubuntu version I use (I tried intrepid, karmic and lucid).

The whole project seems to be dead; I can't reach the lastexit-website anymore, and one of the developers asked for a new maintainer in June on the Last.fm last exit group , since he's not using linux anymore...http://www.lastfm.de/group/Last+Exit...30436/_/551786
    Any ideas on this?

so long
    clasikowski aka hank

Beans
    Distro

If you don't live in the UK, US or Germany, you have to pay to use lastfm radio That might be the reason why it doesn't work.

Beans

Hi!

@ durand
    No, since I do live in Germany, and even have a suscribtion, this definitely is not the reason.... And other players work (vagalume etc).

I guess it is because Last-Exit is not compatible with the new API, but I wonder why the package remains in the repos for lucid if it doesn't work anymore.

so long
    clasikowski aka hank
    Last edited by clasikowski; April 17th, 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hmm, not sure then...Sorry

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829