Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Player Plugin problems

Beans

Flash Player Plugin problems

Wherever I search for assistance I find hordes of users with the same inexplicable problems. Firefox just goes into a never ending search for plugins to install. Ubuntu Software Centre says the Flash Player Plugin is already installed. I can download a file tar.gz whatever that is. In Gates world I would just push a run button, but cannot find anyone in Ubuntu who will give a straight answer on what to do with the file. This is 2013. What sort of Operating System doesn't want to allow users to watch YouTube? Seriously Ubuntu, get your act together, this is ridiculous !!!!
    Last edited by lisati; April 2nd, 2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Language

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Flash Player Plugin problems

Quote Originally Posted by chrish8786 View Post
    Wherever I search for assistance I find hordes of users with the same inexplicable problems. Firefox just goes into a never ending search for plugins to install. Ubuntu Software Centre says the Flash Player Plugin is already installed. I can download a file tar.gz whatever that is. In Gates world I would just push a run button, but cannot find anyone in Ubuntu who will give a straight answer on what to do with the file. This is 2013. What sort of Operating System doesn't want to allow users to watch YouTube? Seriously Ubuntu, get your act together, this is ridiculous !!!!
    Install Chrome Browser from Google and all will be well

Flash Player support in Linux was dropped by Adobe, it has nothing to do with Ubuntu.
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Beans

Thank you carl4926 for trying. The Chromium Browser insists that 'The Adobe Flash Player is required for video playback'. The prescribed workaround for this problem is to load Flash through Firefox. Which doesn't work. Compatibility of Flash Player with Ubuntu has everything to do with Ubuntu. If the operating system, ie Ubuntu, will not allow this user to watch Youtube then the operating system, ie Ubuntu, must go. Just by the way, I prefer Chromium as a browser and there are Flash Player problems with my laptop today as well. Good Luck.
    Last edited by chrish8786; April 2nd, 2013 at 05:22 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello!

Adobe has stopped providing support for Linux -- not just Ubuntu.

The relationship is not one of Ubuntu failing to support Flash. It is the other way around. There is nothing that the distributors of any Linux distro can do.
    The Community Java Wiki * The Community ATI Driver Wiki * Find what you need in the Ubuntu Community wikis

And seeing the terror on the faces of the people, QIII did speak to them, saying "Fear not the Terminal, for it is a road both swift and secure to the Great Mysteries of Linux without passing through the dangers of The Land of Ten Thousand Competing Desktop Environments."

Beans

Thank you QIII for your attempt. Am I to understand that you no longer enjoy Youtube out of loyalty to Linux distro's?

Beans
    Hidden!

Ubuntu 12.04 has Flash and is supported to 2017

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I said Chrome
    Not Chromium

Ubuntu have not added the Pepper flash plugin for chromium yet
    Only Chrome will provide it:
    https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/ch...wser/?hl=en-GB
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Thank you QIII for your attempt. Am I to understand that you no longer enjoy Youtube out of loyalty to Linux distro's?
    No, you are not to understand that. If I had a burning desire to watch something on YouTube that required Flash and that did not work on Linux, I would use one of my Windows machines. But since I haven't encountered any problems with Flash, that has been unnecessary to date.
    The Community Java Wiki * The Community ATI Driver Wiki * Find what you need in the Ubuntu Community wikis

And seeing the terror on the faces of the people, QIII did speak to them, saying "Fear not the Terminal, for it is a road both swift and secure to the Great Mysteries of Linux without passing through the dangers of The Land of Ten Thousand Competing Desktop Environments."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

No. I think you are being a little patronizing

In any case. Youtube works for me in firefox with the flash player installed...

Beans

'Ubuntu 12.04 has Flash and is supported to 2017'
    Thank you ibjsb4. That is more like what I want to hear. Now if I can figure out how to get it working again???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast