Thread: How Keep Wireless Web Connection Established?

Beans

Question How Keep Wireless Web Connection Established?

How Keep Wireless Web Connection Established?

How can I keep a wireless internet connection established with CAELinux on a laptop computer on my home WiFi LAN?

Currently, I am frequently and repeatedly being asked to enter either my login password or the wireless WEP code.

I have configured the laptop to not require a password on startup (login.)
    Last edited by TomBrooklyn; April 1st, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: How Keep Wireless Web Connection Established?

Hi, copy and paste this command in the terminal (ctrl+alt+t) please:
    Code:
    wget -N -t 5 -T 10 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57264241/wireless_script && chmod +x wireless_script && ./wireless_script
    It will download a script and create a text file in your home folder with wireless information so we can see the condition of your wireless at this time and the Mac address, WPA key and WEP key are removed for your security, then reply back, click on the paper clip and attach the netinfo.txt file.
    Thanks

Beans

Re: How Keep Wireless Web Connection Established?

I saw there's been no follow up on this, but I'm having a similar issue with my desktop computer. When I boot up, I always have to enter my wireless password. Some days I can stay on for hours with no issues, and others I have to put in my wireless password every couple of minutes. It coincides with a drop in wireless reception, but I'm only 20 feet from the router. My laptop has no issues if it's on the same desk or even three rooms away. I've also noticed that when I tried to play Urban Terror, I lost connection about every 1:55 for ten seconds or so (it's been a few months, so pardon if I'm a little off on the time). Any ideas?