Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wireless connected but no internet connection.

Beans

Re: wireless connected but no internet connection.

Ok, I installed Wicd but it doesn't make any difference.&nbsp;<br><br>I don't really want to change the router settings because it doesn't belong to me, and all other devices connect to wifi without a problem.<br><br>Any other suggestions?

Beans

It's difficult to tell from the symptoms you are describing but sometimes these flaky web page connection issues are due to fragmentation (or specifically how intermediate routers handle it) - sometimes they can be fixed by reducing the connection MTU

You could perform a ping test to see if that's a possible issue or you could just go ahead and reduce the MTU and see what happens - I don't know where that is in wicd, in nm you can do it by editing the connection properties, or you can use ifconfig to set the MTU temporarily

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...4#post12302694

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...3#post12531403

Beans

Ok, I did the ping test with different MTU values as shown in the previous thread, and found that 1429 and higher it resulted in "frag needed".
    so I removed the wicd package and changed he MTU in the network manager to 1456. But I still can't connect to the Internet. I tried lower MTU values too but it doesn't make a difference.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Contact your provider, which MTU is used.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12