Thread: Python 2.7.3 Install

Hybrid View

Beans

Python 2.7.3 Install

I've downloaded Python 2.7.3 compressed source tarball (for Linux, Unix or Mac OS X) and I've extracted it to a folder of my choice.

What now? How can I start using it? Do I have to install it through the CLI?

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Python 2.7.3 Install

Quote Originally Posted by thri11house View Post
    I've downloaded Python 2.7.3 compressed source tarball (for Linux, Unix or Mac OS X) and I've extracted it to a folder of my choice.

Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums!

Python is already installed by default, and can be run in the commandline through
    Code:
    python
    Most of the time, there is no need for manually installing software, as most are already available in the Ubuntu repositories, and can be installed through the Ubuntu Software Center.
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff
    Okay then. We're relying on mirror dust and fairies but now we have a plan which is progress - Emma

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Python 2.7.3 Install

Quote Originally Posted by thri11house View Post

Thanks!
    Python is a great program and I know when I started out with Python I found the following link to be very useful in helping me learn at my own pace.