Thread: Weird graphics problems.

Beans

Weird graphics problems.

Hey guys, Whenever I try to run anything 3D my graphics just mong out (sorry for the crude terminoigy) I installed Half life and all the graphics are upside down(never seen this before), green lines through it and other messed up things.
    I tried enabling 3D windows for desktop cube, again this just does some really weird things.

Now this has happened after 2 installs, I am running an Intel HD graphics card and I am running 12.10 Ubuntu.

This graphics has ran Half life before when I was on windows so I know its not a hardware graphics card problem.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Weird graphics problems.

Hardware functionality depends critically on the drivers used -- and Windows uses very different drivers from Linux. Intel drivers are bundled with the kernel -- so you don't have to download and install them. You can try the following link to see if there are any newer Intel video drivers:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...13815&lang=eng
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

If the graphics card is a very recent model there may still be serious bugs in the driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It is not a hardware problem under Windows, but it very well might be under linux. That is not a very powerful card and while HL1 might be an old game, linux + known crappy Intel graphics might very well prevent you from running it properly.