Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD unsupported hardware, Radeon HD 6450

Beans

AMD unsupported hardware, Radeon HD 6450

Hello everybody

I have just installed ubuntu 13.04 and everything was fine until I installed graph drivers, because after reboot I got such a watermark in right-bottom corner: AMD unsupported hardware, just like this:

http://i.img.itunix.eu/2131353-1313775254.jpg (it's not my photo)

So I have searched for problem solution, but most tutorials I found in google were made for old ubuntu versions and didn't work for me (or I couldn't make them work )

Can anyone help me with this problem?

P.S. I'm using AMD radeon hd 6450

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: AMD unsupported hardware, Radeon HD 6450

Beans

I have tried but unfortunately... I got an error like this: sed -e sign 45: [ or [^ dont match

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Pretty much spitballing here, but read through this thread to see if it gives any help for you

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2074962
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

I've done everything as it says in tutorial (with the latest 13.3 drivers), but I don't have /ect/ati/signature folder nor even /ect/ati/ folder, so I can't save this signature code. What to do?

*Sorry, I have found it but still I don't know how to open signature.save file to check if it is unsigned
    Last edited by nefarinus; March 31st, 2013 at 07:02 PM.

Beans

gksu gedit /etc/ati/signature

copy signature code to that file, save and restart session.
    Clevo/Sager i7-2670 | 8gb ram | ATI 6970 | SSD drive | [I] Ubuntu: 14.04 / 13.10 /

Beans

One more question. This signature is in the 12.11 drivers installation tutorial. Will it also work for drivers 13.3?

And what finally should be in the signature file? Only signarure code, or signature code and "UNSIGNED"? (It may be a silly question, but I just want to be perfectly sure)
    Last edited by nefarinus; March 31st, 2013 at 08:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

There are two possible watermarks:
    1) Not supported
    2) Testing use only

To fix the "testing" watermark you can replace the signature file (/etc/ati/signature) with one from a full driver release, for example that from 13.1 attached in post 79 of the "fglrx in raring" thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...2&d=1359650532

Essentially, each full driver release is given a release signature. Unreleased drivers, betas, etc. are "UNSIGNED", which triggers the "testing" watermark.

To fix the "unsupported" watermark you need to replace the /etc/ati/control file with one from a previous release that officially supports your hardware. You can download the previous fglrx package from Launchpad, for example, and extract just that control file using file-roller (Archives?). Otherwise you can try the Xorg Edgers version (https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa ; I wouldn't add that repository if you're not confident with ppa-purge, but I've found it to be fairly robust up until now).
    1) ASUS GL702ZC: Ryzen 1700, 32GB, RX580, MATE@Manjaro-x64
    2) Lenovo X230: Core i5-3320M, 4GB, Intel HD4000, Intel 6205, MATE@Manjaro-x64
    3) MSI GT70: i7-3650, 16GB, GTX680M, MATE@Manjaro-x64

Beans

OK so I have to replace original signature file in /etc/ati/ with this u have attached?

Beans

Jfernyhough You are my master! Great thanks to you I dont have watermark any more after replacing signature file XD

One more time great thanks - problem solved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast