Thread: windows install problems

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

windows install problems

hi i have problems with installing windows xp and windows 7 on a stationary pc that had xubuntu on it before.
    first i had xubuntu and i first tried to install windows 7, i choose the delete option on hard drive and tried to install, then came up a error saying the filesystem NTFS was wrong or something like that...
    after i tried to put 2 different windows xp cd's to installl, the cd's dosent boot right, i have even press F8 and choose boot up CD-rom too
    and i only get that error "grub rescue"
    "error: unknown filesystem"

wtf???
    hi

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: windows install problems

i think maybe the format went wrong or something. the xubuntu dosent work anymore and its gone but the grub is still there
    hi

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

help me!!!????
    hi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you don't want xbuntu on the hard drive only windows you might want to reformat the hard drive (you can do this with the live xbuntu CD or USB using Gparted) before you install windows(reformat drive space to NTFS or just delete the partitions so they are unallocated but partitions should not be any variant of EXT)
    Last edited by SuperFreak; March 31st, 2013 at 04:01 AM.
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:Ubuntu 14.04TrustyTahr with Cinnamon DE Boot: EFI File System:EXT4