Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System crash, then blinking caps lock/num lock

Beans

Re: System crash, then blinking caps lock/num lock

This symptom has disappeared for me, since then I've worked through a few more symptoms. Reinstalling ubuntu 13.04 seems to have eliminated the kernel panics. Knock on wood.

Beans

I have been having the same problem that Edward outlines... usually, I work out my own issues with the systems I build/buy, but as I received this yesterday and have had this happen 4 times, I wanted System76 support to know that more than one person is having the issue. From my own support experience, I know that if you are hearing it from 2 or more, especially in just a matter of days, it is probably something you should look into. I mean, if it was just myself and Edward, sure, it could be a situation where something moved out of place in shipping, but I don't think that is the case.

At any rate, I am about to reinstall the OS rather than use the "out of the box" installation. Will update if it continues.

BTW, this is the most expensive computer I have ever bought for myself, and for me, the first one that I didn't build.

To the System76 Support team: If it helps for logging purposes I bought a Bonobo Extreme, maxed out the RAM to 32GB and had a 750GB/8GB hybrid HD installed. No other options were upgraded as part of the purchase.

Steve Campbell

Beans

OS Reinstall complete... I'll install a few apps that I use regularly, but will refrain from restoring my backed up files until I am confident that the issue is resolved... update to follow later.

Steve

Beans

Update: 6 Hours and no blinking caps- or scroll-lock... I didn't add the System76 drivers, nor have I moved my personal files to the HD. About to move files, and add 35K pics to Shotwell. I believe the issue was driver related, and I have not been able to test all the devices yet. However, it appears that sound and wifi currently work with no problem. I don't use the microphone or camera, so I can't say that those drivers may have been included.

Also, in my initial installation/configuration of the Bonobo Extreme, I recovered my home directory from backup using "name@system:~$ cp /media/name/BackupDevice -Ruv .", so it is entirely possible that some configuration setting I had backed up from my old system didn't play well with the new system.

Steve

Beans

Update: 2 and a half days, still no kernel panic since reinstalling... seems to be resolved.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12