Thread: What has changed in recent years in general?

Beans

What has changed in recent years in general?

I tried Linux some years ago. I remember that we had LILO back then you had to manually mount dvds and hard drives to fstab. I became back around a year ago. And I am not switching back to windows. Linux is good enough for me. The only thing it's lagging for me is games. But I just got Assasin creed 2 working so things look bright.

Beans

Re: What has changed in recent years in general?

Quote Originally Posted by deri View Post
    I tried Linux some years ago. I remember that we had LILO back then you had to manually mount dvds and hard drives to fstab. I became back around a year ago. And I am not switching back to windows. Linux is good enough for me. The only thing it's lagging for me is games. But I just got Assasin creed 2 working so things look bright.

What has changed in recent years in general?

Linux has moved forward and people have regressed.
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deri View Post
    But I just got Assasin creed 2 working so things look bright.
    That must be so slow. It's even slow in windows. The AC games are probably the worst console ports ever.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    That must be so slow. It's even slow in windows. The AC games are probably the worst console ports ever.
    I tried playing the first game on my Windows box and quit just after I started. Slow motion even if it is supposed to be part of the game = yuck!
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

About assasin creed 2. What should I say? I have phenom 2 3400mhz stock speed 4 cpu cores, ati 7770 and almost the latest ati driver. People have been complaining the speed of games on valve forums. I have been thinking whatkind of machines they got because I have had no issues at all. And I don't have the most modern system out there. But when I run assasin creed 1920x1080 it's a bit laggy. The most laggiest linux game so far I have run. But it's playable. BUt consider that I run it via wine. I switched the wine version to the latest and the performance gets better but there is a graphic bug too. The lady looks like the guy from fantastic 4.