Hi everyone,
Last week, as I was going through some USC update, I let the process take care of itself. At a certain point I read Wine was no longer necessary and was going to be replaced, as well as Virtualbox. The problem is that the line re-appeared in my mind right after I had clicked the Ok button (there is no paradise for jerks, we say here where I live, in Italy!).
So, when update was complete, I first fixed the problem with Virtualbox then simply went back to Ubuntu software center intended to re-install Wine.
Big trouble, it cannot be installed anymore, there is a dependency problem.
I asked for support in the Italian forum, they all said it was only a matter of time before dependencies could be solved. In the meantime, I checked with Synaptic if some packages were damaged, fixed everything using dpkg and recovery mode.
Again, no way.
I got another reassurance to wait, things would have been solved soon, but after 9 days I am beginning to be a little worried even because, needless to say, I need Wine for a couple of things and programs which runs only on windows (one of them I can easily manage using Virtualbox, not the second one - a cd-rom English-Italian dictionary - it seems virtualbox is unwilling to run .exe files from Cd-s and this dictionary does not require installation. Troubles never come alone!)
I also attempted to adjourn repositories and try the 1.5.26 Wine version, but there are still dependencies problems.
Any of you experienced the same issues? Did you manage to work them out? Do I really have to only wait and hope?
Many thanks everyone in advance. If something is unclear, please ask and I'll be more than glad to be clearer.

Nicola, Florence, Italy