Thread: How can I interpret zeitgeist logs? (12.04LTS)

Beans

How can I interpret zeitgeist logs? (12.04LTS)

I'm trying to find the history/log of activities done recently (yesterday in this case) on my computer.

From what I read zeitgeist is what keeps the activity log (in .sqlite files), I installed the sqlite firefox addon and sqlite manager but since I'm not familiar at all with this kind of files I don't know how to interpret the information stored in them.

A graphical interface for zeitgeist is the Activity Log Journal but I only just installed it so there's nothing n the journal, it is still blank.
    Is there a way to read zeitgeist logs without using the activity log journal? Or to import zeitgeist logs in the activity log journal to read them?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How can I interpret zeitgeist logs? (12.04LTS)

Zeitgeist history is set in the privacy application and I can be set for different lengths of time. Zeitgeist keeps track of what was accessed through dash and those selections appear for your convenience. Zeitgeist is not for tracking user activity only accessed files and applications . The link may be of interest . http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-...ccounting.html
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How can I interpret zeitgeist logs? (12.04LTS)

Quote Originally Posted by zaly View Post
    A graphical interface for zeitgeist is the Activity Log Journal but I only just installed it so there's nothing n the journal, it is still blank.
    From here:

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/01/insta...urnal-and.html
    If you get an empty Gnome Activity Journal, close it and run this in a terminal:
    Code:
    zeitgeist-daemon --replace
    Then open Gnome Activity Journal again.
    ADD.: I should add that you may want to run it via the Alt+F2 dialog instead, or if you indeed run it from a Terminal, add a "setsid" in front of it. This is redundant, though, if you've since relogged in.

Regards.
    Last edited by Krytarik; March 30th, 2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: additions