Thread: Half-Life Opposing Forces and Half-Life Blue Shift available for Linux on Steam!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wink Half-Life Opposing Forces and Half-Life Blue Shift available for Linux on Steam!

Now, the full Half-Life (1) experience can be enjoyed on the best operating system! The are still in beta, but I'm downloading them as I type. I should mention that I do dual-boot, and had already purchased the Windows versions of both games, on sale, and I noticed their availability as I was about to start Half-Life for Linux. Neither game is on the Linux game list at present

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life:_Blue_Shift

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life:_Opposing_Force

In case you are wondering what they are.

It is nearly certain that Half-Life 2, in fact the whole Orange Box is to be expected maybe even this year.

And, yes, 2013 is THE Year Of Linux Gaming!
    Last edited by oldrocker99; March 30th, 2013 at 02:02 AM.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Half-Life Opposing Forces and Half-Life Blue Shift available for Linux on Steam!

Nice.

I'm more exited that Europa Universalis IV and Little Inferno is coming to Linux.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Half-Life Opposing Forces and Half-Life Blue Shift available for Linux on Steam!

I really hope they also make the game compatible with mods. But I'm afraid that the mods will have to be rebuilt which will probably not going to happen in most of the cases :/.
    Youtube gaming channel dedicated to game bugs, glitches and tricks

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: Half-Life Opposing Forces and Half-Life Blue Shift available for Linux on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by R33D3M33R View Post
    I really hope they also make the game compatible with mods. But I'm afraid that the mods will have to be rebuilt which will probably not going to happen in most of the cases :/.
    Hmmm...I'm not familiar with Half-Life mods, but the thousands of mods for Neverwinter Nights work perfectly with the Linux NWN engine. It remains to be seen, i suppose, but mods are usually data, not an engine, so I would be cautiously optimistic about Half-Life mods working with the Linux versions.

Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: Half-Life Opposing Forces and Half-Life Blue Shift available for Linux on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    Nice.

I'm more exited that Europa Universalis IV and Little Inferno is coming to Linux.
    I'm a (frustrated) fan of Paradox games, so I'm certainly looking forward to EU IV, since the Clausewitz engine was ported so successfully with Crusader Kings 2.

Little Inferno has a BAD reputation. I can hardly wait to play it, seriously.

Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I know that little inferno haven't received as good ratings as World of Goo, but it seems a hard thing to live up to a reputation/game like World of Goo.
    Anyway...Going to buy it, as it looks very unique and I want to support Linux games
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans

its well worth the effort cos one can achieve . feel this list should go on the sidebar of the pirate ship.

Regent45

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

WooHoo

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

blue shift - my favourite story after HL1. Opposing force made no sense to me.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans

nice this is good