Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chrome bookmark items truncated/cut off

Beans

Chrome bookmark items truncated/cut off

Having messed up my 12.10 install I decided to install a 13.04 daily.
    So far, the first issue I have noticed is that some of the bookmark toolbar items are cut off.

One just has the icon followed by "..." and my facebook one reads like "Facebo...".

I cannot see any reason for this as there is loads of space on the toolbar and it didn't do this in the 12.10 install.

Anyone else get the same issue?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Chrome bookmark items truncated/cut off

Is your screen at the same resolution under 13.04 as it was under 12.10? And are the versions of Chrome the same?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mcellius View Post
    Is your screen at the same resolution under 13.04 as it was under 12.10? And are the versions of Chrome the same?

Yes, same resolution and everything looks the same. I did think it may be related to tweaks to the latest Ambiance theme but I have found the bookmark items are still cut off if I switch Chrome to its in-built "Classic" theme, even though the text on the bookmarks toolbar is smaller.
    I have tried setting up my kids user account on this install and noticed the bookmark items on there are also cut off, even though it has just five bookmarks on it.

Chrome itself is the same version I was using in 12.10 also.

Alas, the problem will probably go unsolved for now as I'm finding 13.04 way too unstable and annoying for general use, which is suprising as it's normally very solid at this stage and I am usually using the dev release as my daily driver by now...

Beans

I have the precise same issue here. Only occurs on 13.04 and does not occur with the same Chrome version in 12.10 so it seems to be something specific to Raring. Have had no luck in locating that which is the culprit but if I do I will let you know.

Beans

I've now noticed it also happens when running chrome in kubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I found that if the edited bookmark is under five characters I see ab.... . If five or more characters are used it appears normally -abcde .
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Hmm, not in my case. Facebook is cut but IMDb isn't.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have the same problem, only for bookmarks folders though.
    Ubuntu Trusty Tahr on Asus K55VD, Intel Core i7-3610QM, 8Gb Ram, Nvidia Geforce 610MOCZ, Vertex 4 64Gb + Hitachi 1Tb.
    Ubuntu Gnome (14.04) on Macbook Air (mid-2013) Intel Dual-Core i7, 8Gb Ram, Intel HD5000, SSD 256Gb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Part of last Chrome update had to do with the spell checker and I wonder if it is related some how. Since changing one bookmark I was able to add new ones with out problems. ??
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

It appears to be related to either spelling or capitalisation of some words. Facebook truncates while facebook with a lower case f does not. Similar result for b3ta. Have to assume it's related to a grammar check within the spell check code.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast