Thread: Educational beginner in C

Beans

Educational beginner in C

So I am a beginner in the programming language C. I would like to know of: noob lvl, beginner lvl, mid lvl, and advanced lvl source codes in C. (only read "C for dummies" and have started on Introduction to C programming, a modular approach", so kinda a noob but close to a beginner.)

The reason is that I would like to be able to look at them, study them and eventually right code in all C so that the kernel can launch them from almost any GUI. IF that is imposable I would at least like a starting point that introduces me to material that can help me understand the language even more. I absolutely LOVE computers and the (next to*) simplest programming language (*next to assembly) is the coolest thing in the world.

If there is anything after C, I should learn I would like to know.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Educational beginner in C

So I am a beginner in the programming language C.
    Beginner to programming in general, or just to C? The rest of your post (no disrespect intended) suggests the former, so I'll assume that. I wouldn't start with C as a programming language, it can be enormously frustrating and requires a greater skillset to get started (debugging, hardware knowledge, greater dependence upon memory manipulation). Python might be a better first language.

I would like to know of: noob lvl, beginner lvl, mid lvl, and advanced lvl source codes in C.
    They don't exist. C code is C code. The only difference between code written by a beginner and code written by an expert is that the expert's code will be more efficient and will most likely use C idioms to shorten their task. If you want a look at some well-written C source, I would recommend browsing the linux kernel source tree, or reading the Kernighan and Richie work The C Programming Language, which is still available.

(only read "C for dummies" and have started on Introduction to C programming, a modular approach", so kinda a noob but close to a beginner.)
    I'd recommend the K&R book referenced above as a next step. To quote the book 'C is not a big language, and is not well-served by a large book'.

The reason is that I would like to be able to look at them, study them and eventually right code in all C so that the kernel can launch them from almost any GUI.
    I'm sorry, what? Launch from any GUI? If the code is compiled for the right architecture, then it can already launch from any GUI.

IF that is imposable I would at least like a starting point that introduces me to material that can help me understand the language even more.
    K&R book. Plus research anything you don't understand.

I absolutely LOVE computers and the (next to*) simplest programming language (*next to assembly) is the coolest thing in the world.
    Eh...'simple' is not how I would describe C. 'low-level' might be more accurate. But it's good that you like computers.

If there is anything after C, I should learn I would like to know.
    As I said, I wouldn't recommend C at all. But if you're interested in how computers and/or compilers work, assembly would be the next logical step. Or, if you're more interested in quickly creating neat things, C++ and/or python would be a good next step too.

Beans

Re: Educational beginner in C

you may learn PHP for becoming web developer.
    check with w3toturials