Thread: Games not working

Beans

Thumbs up Games not working

I have an acer aspire zg5 installed ubuntu 12.04.
    I have already installed wine and downloaded a few windows programs but i had just downloaded nfs underground2, when i open the nfs screen appears and all i can hear is the sound but the screen doesnt move, have to reboot.
    I read that by installing graphics driver my proble can be solved.
    if so please tel me where i can find a graphics driver for my laptop.

Beans

Re: Games not working

The acer aspire zg5 is comming up in search as a netbook. The graphics are Intel intergrated. If that is true, you already have the best graphics drivers installed by default. Why are you gaming on a netbook?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Have you tried running the game in windowed mode first?

It's always best to run Wine in windowed-mode with whatever application/game you are running for the first time. This way, if it crashes or hangs you can simply close the window. I'm assuming you have Wine installed via the USC. In Ubuntu's Dash, if you search "Wine", you should be able to see Configure Wine. Under the Graphics tab, tick Emulate a Virtual Desktop.

Now try running NFS Underground 2 again. Is it still just a black screen? If so, run the game using Wine via a Terminal. This may shed some light on any errors or problems the game is experiencing.

Beans

Does anyone know any videos showing how to download and install everything for nfs. Im new to Ubuntu and its a bit complicated. I already have wine installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that game will probably never run on that computer, possibly even under Windows. If you happen to have Windows installed, you may want to test it there first.

In addition, many games that run fine under Windows (or at least tolerably) don't do quite so well under Wine.

ETA: My post was directed at LordChirag.
    Last edited by Ranko Kohime; April 2nd, 2013 at 04:14 AM.