Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: I have as of yet to see my desktop

Ignore post #150. I'll post again soon.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

OK, so it seems there is no reason to remove that package (at least not yet), since you have only just finished installing it.

I think you should exit and try to reboot without the CD.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I shall do that, and then post the results.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Even if you can't boot without the CD, the amd64-microcode may not be the problem.

But still, if you can't boot, you should repeat the process of booting with the CD, chrooting into /dev/sda1, and then remove that package. Refer to post #140 for the entire sequence.

Then try booting again without the CD.

If that still fails, we could try to figure out what you did PRIOR to installing amd64-microcode, but it might be easier to start the entire installation over again from the beginning. Your choice.

Beans
    Distro

I tried booting ubuntu without edits, i was given the sp5100_tco again. Replaced quiet splash and was given this after the scrolling information:
    Code:
     [       1.174720] microcode: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00 tigran@aivazian.fsnet.co.uk, Peter Oruba
    same thing from both nomodeset and acpi=off

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Well I'm not sure but it certainly seems that it's crashing when it tries to apply the microcode driver, so try uninstalling it.
    Follow the steps that I summarized in post #140 and then try to boot.

Beans
    Distro

Unfortunately I am at a temporary stopping point. My employer requires me to go off for two weeks to a place where I can not take any of my machines with me. I must leave early morning, so I must halt my Ubuntu progress And offer my most sincere appreciation to r.stiltskin, Bashing-om, as well as the others who have offered me their help. I will return to this in two weeks with the hope that I have not been forgotten. If during that time period anyone can think of any suggestions then it is my request that they be posted here so that I can immediately dive back into this upon my return. Again, you have my appreciation and my thanks.

Beans
    Distro

What was supposed to be two weeks became five. I hope I am not completley forgotten, because as soon as is possible I would like to continue on with this where I left off. I am going to take the time to go back over everything that has been posted up here, retry a few things and see where that puts me. Maybe now I can find a soulution to my Toshiba's issue with not wanting to use Ubuntu.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516