Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Beta Testing Event

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Final Beta Testing Event

Here are the results you get today if you had zsynced the iso a couple of days ago.

Code:
    dale@dale-desktop:~/Desktop$ zsync -i ./raring-desktop-i386.iso http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/raring-desktop-i386.iso.zsync
    #################### 100.0% 229.1 kBps DONE     

reading seed file ./raring-desktop-i386.iso: ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************Read ./raring-desktop-i386.iso. Target 100.0% complete.      **************
    reading seed file raring-desktop-i386.iso: *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************Read raring-desktop-i386.iso. Target 100.0% complete.      **************
    verifying download...checksum matches OK
    used 830472192 local, fetched 0
    dale@dale-desktop:~/Desktop$
    so .. freeze!
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans
    Distro

I zsync'd about 2 hrs ago . Unfortunately the .iso ( amd64 ) will boot and run fine but wont install on my box , it hangs on the 2'nd screen , both from a usb stick and from a dvd . I've had trouble with ubiquity all the way through raring . I think partman gets confused with all the drive's ( 6 ) , partitions ( 11 not counting swaps ) and installs 7 including 1 windows 8 .
    if it ain't broke you haven't tweaked it enough

Beans

I asked the release folks earlier about where the images were/are.. Given the easter holiday, the builds haven't been posted yet. I've been assured we'll see them tomorrow for the event. Your right though ventrical, just zsync the daily and whatever new build comes out tomorrow will likely be VERY similar. I don't imagine much is going in today.

Beans
    Distro

@guitara

Can you leave us some quick-links to the event so we can get right at it when it starts up?

Thanks.
    This is Rolling Release

Beans
    Distro

This is Rolling Release

Beans
    Distro

The raring-desktop-i386.iso is very clean on the usage test.

Anyone know of a better place to dump my hardware infor other than at the qa tracker details dialog box?
    This is Rolling Release

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    @guitara

Can you leave us some quick-links to the event so we can get right at it when it starts up?

Thanks.
    ubuntuonair.com There's a spanish event happening at 1800 UTC as well, with the english version happening as announced at 2000 UTC

The milestone is now on the tracker, and the images should be up.

On the hardware question, I hope we'll have a better place for you to put that info soon (fingers crossed).. We had plans to utilize a hardware database for testing for a little while now. The team who is helping us is getting closer to having something ready for us to use. I imagine next cycle our results will be able to pair up with this database.

Beans
    Distro

Just installed amd64 .iso on this Acer Aspire One D255 Intel 64 bit.
    Generally running just fine driving a 20" external 1600x900 monitor and running off a USB SSD. Wireless keyboard and mouse. 1.6 gHz dual processors, 1G memory.
    I'd say ubuntu generally running like it is intended to note I'm not a unity fan.

Couple persistent bugs I have launchpad bugs written on:

The live and first boot install runs the 1600x900 counterclockwise, sideways display. Quite a crick in the neck and mouse coordination problem. There is no "normal" orientation choice, only counterclockwise and clockwise rotation selections. Solutions, first do 1024x768, change to normal orientatation, then apply. Then carefully choose 1600x900 hopefully the normal choice will stay after the second apply.....
    BTW, raring i386 no problem. Only occurs on raring amd64.

On boot, hidden wireless network disconnects. Select network which says it is out of range. It is not. Manually select the network, after a while discovers it already has the encryption key, and after some time connects. Manual intervention required on every boot. It's a network manager bug. Pangolin runs fine same pc and network. Android boots up in seconds connecting automatically same network. Chromebook boots in seconds, same network, only have to enter the browser password.
    This is a very long standing bug. I conclude raring network manager as a policy is not connecting to the hidden network. Pangolin, Android, Chromebook boot right up no problem, same network.

I'll keep udating and will try another install in a few days.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post
    Just installed amd64 .iso on this Acer Aspire One D255 Intel 64 bit.
    Generally running just fine driving a 20" external 1600x900 monitor and running off a USB SSD. Wireless keyboard and mouse. 1.6 gHz dual processors, 1G memory.
    I'd say ubuntu generally running like it is intended to note I'm not a unity fan.

Couple persistent bugs I have launchpad bugs written on:

The live and first boot install runs the 1600x900 counterclockwise, sideways display. Quite a crick in the neck and mouse coordination problem. There is no "normal" orientation choice, only counterclockwise and clockwise rotation selections. Solutions, first do 1024x768, change to normal orientatation, then apply. Then carefully choose 1600x900 hopefully the normal choice will stay after the second apply.....
    BTW, raring i386 no problem. Only occurs on raring amd64.

On boot, hidden wireless network disconnects. Select network which says it is out of range. It is not. Manually select the network, after a while discovers it already has the encryption key, and after some time connects. Manual intervention required on every boot. It's a network manager bug. Pangolin runs fine same pc and network. Android boots up in seconds connecting automatically same network. Chromebook boots in seconds, same network, only have to enter the browser password.
    This is a very long standing bug. I conclude raring network manager as a policy is not connecting to the hidden network. Pangolin, Android, Chromebook boot right up no problem, same network.

I'll keep udating and will try another install in a few days.
    Thanks Jerry! If there is ever a bug you have that isn't getting attention, or you think I could help confirm let me know. Anything reported via the isotracker I try and follow-up on if possible, but I miss some I'm especially curious on the amd64 only bug you mentioned -- what's the number? (arch specific bugs are always interesting!)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by guitara View Post
    Thanks Jerry! If there is ever a bug you have that isn't getting attention, or you think I could help confirm let me know. Anything reported via the isotracker I try and follow-up on if possible, but I miss some I'm especially curious on the amd64 only bug you mentioned -- what's the number? (arch specific bugs are always interesting!)
    Launchpad bug #1160521 describes 1600x900 not having normal choice in both live raring and in the install, only counterclockwise and clockwise. Systems settings displays because the default is mirror screens, so I need to un-select mirror, turn off the laptop display, and try to select the external monitor. I've never had a screen that big ($90 sale). So raring gets a 900x1600 resolution with the text going up and down, pretty hard for me to read. The bug describes how to get a normal rotation 1600x900. BTW, screen response and videos are just fine for 1.6 gHz 64 bit dual processors with raring. In past I've tried isotracker a few times over the years, I didn't see any action on anything I entered.
    Last edited by jerrylamos; April 3rd, 2013 at 01:04 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast