Thread: USB Audio Jabra Speak410. Mic working, no Audio playback

Beans

USB Audio Jabra Speak410. Mic working, no Audio playback

Hi Folks,

Hope this is the right part of forum to post. I have a Jabra speaker phone with a mic and a speaker. I have all the alsa configuration setup and everything seems to up. The usb device is properly enumerated, shows up in sound control. I am able to use mic to record, even change volume/mute, umute the speaker from the control panel. But when I play a sound, there is no error, volume seems to be 0. Checked alsamixer, selected the usb card, playback volume is properly set.
    When I play a file through aplay, I check /proc/asound/.. for the usb pcm device, It seems to be up and hw_params and sw_params are properly set. But no sound, no error messages anywhere.

I can provide any specific info/config/logs if needed.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

thanks!

Beans

Re: USB Audio Jabra Speak410. Mic working, no Audio playback

I'm getting the same problem. Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by kgokare View Post
    Hi Folks,

Hope this is the right part of forum to post. I have a Jabra speaker phone with a mic and a speaker. I have all the alsa configuration setup and everything seems to up. The usb device is properly enumerated, shows up in sound control. I am able to use mic to record, even change volume/mute, umute the speaker from the control panel. But when I play a sound, there is no error, volume seems to be 0. Checked alsamixer, selected the usb card, playback volume is properly set.
    When I play a file through aplay, I check /proc/asound/.. for the usb pcm device, It seems to be up and hw_params and sw_params are properly set. But no sound, no error messages anywhere.

I can provide any specific info/config/logs if needed.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

thanks!