Thread: [ChrUbuntu] Issues waking computer from screen sleep/lid closed.

Beans

[ChrUbuntu] Issues waking computer from screen sleep/lid closed.

I'm pretty new to Linux in general, though I've got a decent amount of experience with Android (as far as using command lines to execute abd, fastboot, etc.) and overall solid computer literacy. That being said if my problem is too complicated to or unsupported by this forum, then I understand, but if you have some ideas I'd love to hear them.

I've loaded ChrUbuntu on my Samsung ARM Chromebook along with X11 config files from CraigErrington.com (Arch Linux ARM based) for improved touchpad performance. That is the extent of my tweaking.

Now, everytime I closed the lid or left the computer alone long enough for the screen to sleep, waking results in a back-lit black screen. I did turn off the password requirement in settings for waking the computer, so that seems not to be the issue. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: [ChrUbuntu] Issues waking computer from screen sleep/lid closed.

Hmmmm. I've been running Chrubuntu for 3 weeks on an Acer C7, just upgraded from 12.04 to 13.04, and the sleep function when the lid is closed works fine for me. I do have to enter my password to wake it up, but it works fine.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819