Thread: Can't Change IP Address on Printer

Beans

Smile Can't Change IP Address on Printer

This is an image of th printer settings on Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon. Where it says "IP Address" I want to change those long words to the IP Address of the printer howerver I cant click on it, when I go into Options the only option I have is "allow users". I installed the printer drivers and everything needed. Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon needs to update this.

I used to be able to do this on Ubuntu and Linux Mint 14 MATE, however on Cinnamon there doesnt seem to be an option for this. Is there any way I can edit this via a terminal, or edit a notepad file where this is stored?

Please respond ASAP. Thanks!
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; April 21st, 2013 at 04:58 AM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Can't Change IP Address on Printer

Moved to Other OS/Distro Support.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The printer app in gnome-shell and Mint is very limited. Luckily, the gnome 2 app is still available in repository and still used on Xubuntu. It's called system-config-printer-gnome and once installed can be opened from terminal using "system-config-printer". Launch the app, right-click the printer icon, select 'properties'. 'Device URI' is the printer address.

Cinnamon has made mostly good choices for apps installed by default. Perhaps they'll re-think this.
    Last edited by kurt18947; April 21st, 2013 at 07:52 AM.

Beans

Beans

Thanks, I already had this installed (so I am guessing Linux mint installs the features but just doesnt use it....idk why, this has the most features). I just ran system-config-printer and it loaded up! Thanks!