Thread: Call for testers - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Beans

Call for testers - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

I'm looking for testers of Ubuntu Touch on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, specifically the P3113 and P3110.

Full details on how to install my most recent build for the Tab 2 7.0 are given here. This is for testing and feedback only, it is not sponsored by Canonical or anyone officially associated with Ubuntu, and I make no guaranties that it will work on/not break your tablet. Do NOT try this if you don't know how to flash roms to your device.

Specifically, I am interested in people's success in getting this to run, so please post your results here.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Beans

Re: Call for testers - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Im up for testing however this link doesnt work anymore: http://ubuntuone.com/1Lzylf89FkHF16xrRFYQP2

Beans

Hi there, I just installed it in my P3110, everything looks great. One thing thought, I cannot setup a hidden Wifi connection, I know the SSID and the password.

Beans

Ok, I had to make the SSID discoverable, then I logged in, then put back the SSID hidden. It kept the connection. Now I'm updating and upgrading.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    I'm looking for testers of Ubuntu Touch on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, specifically the P3113 and P3110.

Full details on how to install my most recent build for the Tab 2 7.0 are given here. This is for testing and feedback only, it is not sponsored by Canonical or anyone officially associated with Ubuntu, and I make no guaranties that it will work on/not break your tablet. Do NOT try this if you don't know how to flash roms to your device.

Specifically, I am interested in people's success in getting this to run, so please post your results here.
    I try to install the quantal and the raring version but always get the black screen, now i triying to download the files and install the raring distribution, my model is p9113, you know if its normal get the black screen? regards from Mexico

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ztealmax View Post
    Im up for testing however this link doesnt work anymore: http://ubuntuone.com/1Lzylf89FkHF16xrRFYQP2
    any luck with a new link?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post

Are you building the just launched Ubuntu Touch 13.10 for this tablet? If not, could you help me with taking over your work and building it myself?