Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zareason any good?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Zareason any good?

So I start school here in about two weeks and sometime in the next month will be buying a new laptop, the one that fits my needs perfectly would be Zareason Verix 530, mainly cause I don't do crazy gaming but getting a Nvidia gpu in a laptop sounds nice plus I like the dimension of a laptop. I was looking at system76 but only laptop with Nvidia is the Bonobo Extreme but 2" thick and 17.3" screen is to big for me, not to mention no LTS option. My issue is I don't hear much talk about Zareason and I was wondering if anyone has owned one or heard if they are good quality?

Beans

Re: Zareason any good?

First time I've ever heard of it.

Beans
    Distro

http://zareason.com/shop/Verix-530.html'
    They have been around for quiet a few years now and they support many different Linux Distributions. But I do not hear much talk on the web about them.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thumbs up Re: Zareason any good?

I plan to get my next machine from them.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The integrated Intel HD 4000 in the System 76 laptops will do fine for casual gaming...just don't expect to be running any of the latest games at crazy resolutions: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-H...d.73567.0.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I know somebody who has met the ZaReason people in one of the Linux conventions and since then he's all gung-ho about ZaReason (as opposed to System 76). I usually find their stuff comparable, though maybe slightly more expensive. He also got the ZaTab (an Android Tablet) when it was offered and I can't wait until they sell a non-Android-Linux-powered one.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by na5h View Post
    The integrated Intel HD 4000 in the System 76 laptops will do fine for casual gaming...just don't expect to be running any of the latest games at crazy resolutions: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-H...d.73567.0.html
    The intel HD 4000 are not the worst but why settle for the intel 4000 series which from what I have read will only out preform a Nvidia 610m GT barely by some game and that is not all games or I can go with the Zareason route and get a Nvidia 650m GT which is still not the best on the market but will give far better performance with also having 2 GB of Dedicated memory.
    Not to mention System76 does not offer LTS, I know I can install the LTS on there but I kind of like the idea of buying a computer with the OS I wanted verse day one having to do a fresh install because in this case I might as well buy any computer at this point if I am doing the fresh install, but I want to buy from a company the does Linux and Zareason at least give me my option of which Ubuntu I want to run.

Hey guys thanks for the input, I think I am going to buy from Zareason, I do wish System76 offered some kind of Nvidia gpu in the 15" notebooks along with a LTS option for the operating system.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DMGrier View Post
    Hey guys thanks for the input, I think I am going to buy from Zareason, I do wish System76 offered some kind of Nvidia gpu in the 15" notebooks along with a LTS option for the operating system.
    Hi, I am also considering the verix 530. It will be greatly appreciated if you can share your experience after purchasing it. Thanks.

Beans

I purchased a Limbo desktop two years ago which I've been very happy with. I can't say anything about their portable offerings though - they look expensive.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by JDShu View Post
    I purchased a Limbo desktop two years ago which I've been very happy with. I can't say anything about their portable offerings though - they look expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    Hi, I am also considering the verix 530. It will be greatly appreciated if you can share your experience after purchasing it. Thanks.
    Yeah they can be a little pricey against the big PC manufactures but from what I can see from Linux only companies they rightly priced being that system 76 does't offer Nvidia in 15" and from some other random computers that only do Linux it was crazy expensive. So there not the cheapest but not horrible either though.

Yeah I planned on posting a full review on it when I get it, being that if it is a good quality computer as it looks online then I want the community to know they have more option out there. I won't be ordering until the end of April or beginning of May but I will let you all know probably about after a week of me playing on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast