Thread: new thread display in ubuntu forum!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

new thread display in ubuntu forum!

don't you think the earlier thread display was better than the new one in ubuntu forum? OR let me put this way- i need to be convinced that new thread display style is comparatively better!! anything you can help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: new thread display in ubuntu forum!

more specifically i am more concerned about the colour contrast between the profile information field of any user and the answer field! there needed to be a contrast for the ease of reading. what you think?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by tojonukokhadush View Post
    more specifically i am more concerned about the colour contrast between the profile information field of any user and the answer field! there needed to be a contrast for the ease of reading. what you think?
    Shortly after we upgraded, the main post area was bright white (#FFFFFF) with the profile area a light grey (#EFEFEF). People complained that the main area was too bright and, frankly, I agree with that. We've changed the background of the main area to an off-grey (#EBECE4). The effect is less glaring and as far as I remember yours is the first complaint about this.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

thank you for the concern but that's still my opinion anyway or else i think there must be some demarcation between consecutive postings in a thread! at least we can add something like the "Quick Reply" bar atop every postings! that would be wonderful! will you please please please think about it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by tojonukokhadush View Post
    thank you for the concern but that's still my opinion anyway or else i think there must be some demarcation between consecutive postings in a thread! at least we can add something like the "Quick Reply" bar atop every postings! that would be wonderful! will you please please please think about it?
    There should be a margin between posts, and if you have the default 'profile on top' that's even more of a demarcation. Is this not how it is displaying for you?
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

yeah there's a margin i can see and i wonder if only that margin could be in a contrasting colour like #DE5220 or alike! and yeah the 'profile on top' is serving as more of demarcation; might be i would be accustomed to in due course! is there still a hope that you consider this contrasting demarcation?
    if not as well, it was a good discussion with such nice people out there! i love the way you respond that quick
    Last edited by tojonukokhadush; March 27th, 2013 at 03:19 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

okay, long after i got something that would make clear what i was trying to actually explain! just see the attached image and you'll see how better the contrasting(here dark blue in the image) demarcation has enhanced the visibility!!
    Attached Images Attached Images