Thread: cannot open folders on desktop

Hybrid View

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

cannot open folders on desktop

As the title says, I am not able to open folders on the desktop with double clicking. This is lubuntu 12,04.
    I have googled for solution but the only suggestion is to uninstall nautilus as it tends to take over the desktop, but I don't have nautilus installed in the first place.

Thanks in advance for help.

Beans

Re: cannot open folders on desktop

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    As the title says, I am not able to open folders on the desktop with double clicking. This is lubuntu 12,04.
    I have googled for solution but the only suggestion is to uninstall nautilus as it tends to take over the desktop, but I don't have nautilus installed in the first place.

Thanks in advance for help.
    Is your Lubuntu a totally "clean" install or have you done some mixing and matching or changing of themes or changing of window manager? Did you at any time right-click on the desktop and fiddle with settings there? Is PCManFM still your file manager and your "desktop manager"?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Is your Lubuntu a totally "clean" install or have you done some mixing and matching or changing of themes or changing of window manager? Did you at any time right-click on the desktop and fiddle with settings there? Is PCManFM still your file manager and your "desktop manager"?

It is as clean as I can tell. The only things that involve nautilus is a dependency for file roller, which I think is installed by default. I have not mix and match with other file manager(s), PCManFM is my only file manager. I have only changed the wall paper and installed lubuntu-humanity theme (something like that) but I am using the default themes anyway.

Beans

Well I have no idea what happened. I rebooted several times with no avail. Then I logged out, logged into openbox (which is a black screen with nada) and logged out again and logged back into lubuntu and suddenly it works. Reboot again and it still works. so I suppose this is solved.

Beans

Now I don't know how to mark this thread as solved in this new interface. There is no "mark thread as solved" option under "thread tools"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    Now I don't know how to mark this thread as solved in this new interface. There is no "mark thread as solved" option under "thread tools"

Here's how -

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkinCat View Post
    Thanks, except that there is no "prefix" option in "advanced". I wish I could upload a screenshot, but uploading attachment seems to be a pain on the butt too with this new interface. I can only choose from a bunch of thumb nails from my home and none of it is the right one.
    Last edited by monkeybrain2012; March 26th, 2013 at 05:45 AM.