Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partitioning/Swap Disk Problems with New Install...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Partitioning/Swap Disk Problems with New Install...

I have always created partitions with gparted, then use manual install, choose my partition, set it to / (root), format to ext4 and it installs. I already have swap so it finds that. And I have all my data in other partitions so I usually am installing in just a 25GB partition.
    For info on UEFI boot install & repair:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to close thread when/if answered completely.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    I have always created partitions with gparted, then use manual install, choose my partition, set it to / (root), format to ext4 and it installs. I already have swap so it finds that. And I have all my data in other partitions so I usually am installing in just a 25GB partition.
    So if I format the partition, I will not be adjusting the partition boundary itself?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you run this and all the starts are divisable by 8, then there is nothing to worry about. Extended partition does not apply as you do not write to it directly but only the logicals in it which should be aligned.

sudo parted /dev/sda unit s print
    For info on UEFI boot install & repair:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to close thread when/if answered completely.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post

Thanks so much! This seems to have worked!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12