Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 12.04 w/Gnome Classic: How to increase desktop icon size & decrease nautilus fontsize

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    1,254

    12.04 w/Gnome Classic: How to increase desktop icon size & decrease nautilus fontsize

    My colleague is using Ubuntu 12.04 with gnome classic and has somehow changed the size of icons on the desktop so they are tiny, just specks on the screen. How do I increase their size?

    Also, he has increased the font size in nautilus so it is huge. How can I decrease it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Beans
    14

    Re: 12.04 w/Gnome Classic: How to increase desktop icon size & decrease nautilus font

    Dash > search appearance > bottom of window see Launcher icon size to adjust.

    ctrl + - (minus sign) will reduce. Not sure permanent method.

    hth

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: 12.04 w/Gnome Classic: How to increase desktop icon size & decrease nautilus font

    I would imagine that CompizConfig has the ability to change the icon sizes.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    1,254

    Re: 12.04 w/Gnome Classic: How to increase desktop icon size & decrease nautilus font

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcity11 View Post
    Dash > search appearance > bottom of window see Launcher icon size to adjust.

    ctrl + - (minus sign) will reduce. Not sure permanent method.

    hth
    I am using Gnome classic. Don't think there is a dash in gnome. How can I access this in gnome?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    INDY
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 12.04 w/Gnome Classic: How to increase desktop icon size & decrease nautilus font

    For icon size, open nautilus then on menu edit > preferences > views > "Icon View Defaults" and set to the size desired, Should work.

    Don't know about the text...
    Castles Made of Sand,
    Fall in the Sea,
    Eventually!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,988

    Re: 12.04 w/Gnome Classic: How to increase desktop icon size & decrease nautilus font

    Quote Originally Posted by swarup View Post
    My colleague is using Ubuntu 12.04 with gnome classic and has somehow changed the size of icons on the desktop so they are tiny, just specks on the screen. How do I increase their size?

    Also, he has increased the font size in nautilus so it is huge. How can I decrease it?
    My "update #1" here shows how to restore all default settings:

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1966370

    But the standard "classic" session is incredibly buggy due to "hard-coded" Compiz settings so it's best to choose the Gnome Classic (no effects) session.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    87
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: 12.04 w/Gnome Classic: How to increase desktop icon size & decrease nautilus font

    Quote Originally Posted by arpanaut View Post
    For icon size, open nautilus then on menu edit > preferences > views > "Icon View Defaults" and set to the size desired, Should work.

    Don't know about the text...

    This is fine except that the choices in the dropdown list are limited. Full size is too big on a 27 inch monitor and 66% is too small. Is there a way to populate this dropdown list with more selections, like 75%?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    75
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: 12.04 w/Gnome Classic: How to increase desktop icon size & decrease nautilus font

    On my gnome-shell desktop.
    Right click on icon. Option list pops up. One of the options is 'Resize icon...'
    Nautilus fonts. Advanced settings editor. Fonts panel. Text scaling factor.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •