Thread: 'Search for suitable plug-in' problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

'Search for suitable plug-in' problem

This 'Search for suitable plug-in' frequently and unnecessarily appears on pages that don't need it, accessing 'Tools/Advanced/ Plug-ins' and selectively 'disabling' creates havoc - What's the simple solution ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: 'Search for suitable plug-in' problem

Are you saying the message appears when no media plugin is needed? Or perhaps you already have the plugin?

It does strike me that you're still using Maverick Meerkat, which hit EOL in April 2012. You probably won't be able to install any plugins without changing the addresses of the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list (although this may depend on which browser you're using). Even then, the plugins available for Maverick may not be up-to-date enough for some more current media formats.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks for your prompt response newb85...

"..Are you saying the message appears when no media plugin is needed? Or perhaps you already have the plugin? .."

Yes and both and I want to rid myself of the message - it's only recently been popping up

..and yes I'm still using Maverick Meerkat 10.10 with an Opera browser and I don't need any 'Plug-ins' as everything functions very well

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I'm afraid I have no experience with Opera (except on my phone). The only suggestion I have is that you edit the title of the thread to indicate that your question is about Opera.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!